Several users around the globe favor Google Chrome for surfing the Internet because of its user-friendly interface. But, despite its advanced features, it has some drawbacks that often bother them.
In fact, many users who upgrade their OS to Windows 10 claim that Gmail not loading at regular intervals. In most cases, such kind of issue appears when users are using an outdated version of the browser.
Once this error appears, it will not allow you to continue with the emailing process. However, to get a flawless email session, you can follow the undermentioned methods to troubleshoot the error easily.
Factors due to which Gmail Won’t Load:
Before resolving the issue, you might want to know why Gmail won’t load in Chrome or any other web browser. Therefore, let’s figure out why you confront this situation.
Unstable Internet Connection: A poor or unstable Internet connection will have an adverse effect on how fast your Gmail loads. So, if your device has been connected to an unstable network, then its quite obvious that Gmail won’t load.
Conflicting Software: Software on your device such a firewall, antivirus application or Internet Security might block your access to the Gmail account. This is another significant situation when your browser may redirect you to a black screen. Here, you will find some Gmail features failed to load hence, generating this error.
Security Concern: Another significant circumstance is when Gmail has been locked for your account due to some suspicious activity. This situation mostly occurs when your device has been infected by any malicious component.
These are the annoying factors responsible for the Gmail error. Without further delay, you can now continue with the solution part.
Gmail not Loading: Simple Troubleshooting Measures
Here are a few effective troubleshooting hacks that you can execute to make your Gmail error-free. But, before proceeding with the critical procedures, try to reboot your device and verify if it helps. In most cases, rebooting resolves various glitches including the one when Gmail won’t load.
After rebooting, if you can’t resolve the Gmail error, then follow the underlying methods in order to get it fixed.
Procedure 1: Browse in Private or Incognito Mode
As a primary fix, we suggest you browse into the incognito or private mode while launching Gmail. For this purpose, follow the below-cited instructions.
- On your device, invoke the Google Chrome.
- Tap on the menu icon that is located at the right-hand corner of the window.
- Open the “New Incognito Window” by tapping on it.
- Once a new window initiates, check for the Incognito icon from the top corner.
On the other hand, you can also press the combination of the Ctrl + Shift + N to open an Incognito window. Now, you can review if you can get access to Gmail or not.
Procedure 2: Eliminate the Cache and Cookies
Eliminating the cache and cookies can also help you to resolve the Gmail loading error. Therefore, you can perform this task by following the underlying instructions.
- First, initiate Google Chrome. Then, hit the “More” option that is present at the top right corner of the window.
- Go to the “More Tools” and hit the “Clear Browsing Data” from the appeared menu.
- From the resultant menu, choose the time range and hit the “All Time” button to remove everything.
- Locate and uncheck the “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data” checkboxes.
Lastly, hit the “Clear Data” button and wait until everything gets removed.
Procedure 3: Verify the Browser Extensions and Programs
At times, extension or add-ons on Chrome can restrict Google Mail from loading. On such occasions, you can disable them one by one and try to reopen Gmail to verify if that resolves the error.
For this purpose, you can use the incognito or private mode. And make sure that you have disabled the extensions temporarily.
Procedure 4: Flush the Socket Pools
A majority of users claim that after flushing the socket pools, Gmail does not have any loading issues. Therefore, you can also give it a try.
Initially, invoke the Google Chrome and enter “chrome://net-internals” inside the URL bar. Afterward, hit the “Export” button and scroll down to find the Socket.
From the appeared menu, choose the Flush Socket Pools and confirm the procedure by tapping on the OK button. Once you are done with this instruction, try to load Gmail and verify whether the error has been removed.
Procedure 5: Disable Gmail Labs
Generally, we invoke Gmail by enabling the labs. But, at times, the labs can be the reason why Gmail not loading. Therefore we suggest you disable the labs.
- Initiate Gmail and go to the Settings.
- Once you access the Settings, locate the Labs tab.
- Under the Labs tab, find the enabled labs.
- Now, disable them by tapping on the “Disable” button.
After disabling the labs, save the changes by hitting the “Apply” button as well as the OK button.
Procedure 6: Review the Security Suites
At times, security suites like firewalls or antivirus software can interfere with Gmail, which results in loading issues.
Therefore, we suggest you disable the real-time protection and verify whether the issue gets eliminated. In order to disable the real-time protection, follow these instructions.
- Tap on the Windows Start menu and go to the Settings.
- Once you access the Settings app, select the “Update and Security” from the appeared menu.
- Next, proceed to the Windows Security and locate the “Virus and Threat Protection”.
- Inside the “Virus and Threat Protection”, hit the “Real-Time Protection” and set it to the Off position.
Thereafter, reboot your device when you are done with this solution.
Procedure 7: Reset the Google Chrome
Resetting the browser can be another method that you can try to treat the error in no time. To do this, follow the underlying steps.
Step 1: On your computer, invoke Google Chrome. Then, hit the “More” button from the resultant menu.
Step 2: Now, navigate to the Settings and hit the Advanced button. Under the Advanced section, scroll down and look for the “reset” option.
Step 3: When you access the Reset section, enter the required details and confirm the reset procedure by tapping on the OK button twice.
This procedure allows you to reset the default search engine back to the new tab page. It also helps to restore the home page, content settings tab, site data, extensions, and themes. These settings will be applied to all devices.
Procedure 8: Turn off the extensions
If all the above methods fail to resolve the Google Mail loading issue, then turn off the extensions manually. To do so, carry out the steps underneath.
- Launch Google Chrome and navigate to the “User Data” folder.
- Then, launch the “File Preferences” in the text editor.
- Afterward, scroll down the list and begin with the blocking the settings.
- Every extension has to be blocked from inside the settings. Then reset their states from 1 to 0.
- Hit the Apply button in order to save the recent modifications.
After disabling the extensions, determine whether Gmail not loading or the problem has been fixed.