Gmail users often complain that their Gmail desktop notifications not working on Windows 10. This is a minor, but an inconvenient issue. If you are also facing the same problem, then it is essential to know how to solve this issue.
Easy Hacks to Fix ‘Gmail Desktop Notifications not Working’ Issue
There are a few solutions that you can perform to get rid of this error. Perform the below solutions in the same order they are given to eradicate the error.
Way 1: Try from a Different Browser
If you are facing this problem on a particular browser, then you are recommended to use a different browser. Most of the time, this issue occurs on the Chrome browser. Hence, it’s better to use a Chromium engine.
Such browsers have the same features and settings like Chrome. All the Chrome extensions will work here. These browsers also focus on the security and privacy of the user and come with in-built tracking protection and ad-blocker.
Way 2: Confirm that the Notifications are Enabled
If the desktop notification is disabled on your computer, then it might trigger this problem to appear. Hence, you can check if the desktop notifications are disabled. To check this, you can take a quick glance at the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Gmail on your computer.
- Tap on the Settings button from the upper right pane of the screen.
- Click on the Desktop notifications option by scrolling down the list of options.
- Afterward, choose the ‘New mail notifications on’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Save changes’ button.
After applying the above steps, the desktop notification will appear as expected.
Way 3: Check Notification Settings on Windows 10
After enabling the desktop notification, if you see that the problem still appears, then you can check the notification settings on Windows 10. To check this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- At first, press the I and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Once the Settings window opens, navigate to the System category.
- Afterward, go to the ‘Notifications & actions’ section.
- Next, confirm that Google Chrome is enabled in ‘Get notifications from these senders’ section.
Way 4: Confirm that the Notifications are Enabled in Chrome Browser
After applying all the above solutions, if your problem is still unresolved, then you can try this as your last resort. To perform this, you can perform the following:
- Open Gmail and tap on the lock icon from the left pane of the address bar.
- Choose the ‘Site Settings’ option from the list.
- Now, click on the ‘Notifications’ option to allow. It will then save the recent changes.
- Afterward, you can check if the problem is resolved.