Gmail is a useful application where you can carry out various activities. You can receive, compose and send emails in the Gmail account by just signing in with a proper email Id. You can also share important messages in Gmail.
But sometimes, you can face issues while receiving the mail in Gmail. If there is a connectivity issue, then you can encounter this Gmail not receiving emails error. If the Gmail is already loaded with unread messages, you won’t be able to get new mail.
Besides, if the email filters are turned on, then you will face issues on getting emails. If you are unable to receive any mail in Gmail, you need to go to the next segment to solve the issue.
Proven Methods to Fix the “not receiving emails” Error:
This section consists of the key methods to fix the issue so that you can start getting emails again in the Gmail account. You just need to implement the below-mentioned methods carefully as per your convenience.
Method 1: Check the Gmail Storage
If the Gmail storage is filled with emails, then you won’t be able to receive any new mail. If this is the issue, then you need to check the Gmail storage. To check the Gmail storage, you should implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Google Drive page. Now, tap on the “Upgrade Storage” option in the Google Drive tab.
- Check how much space is taken by Gmail. It is more than 15 Gb, in that case, you need to free up space.
- To do that, you need to open a web browser. From there, open the Gmail account.
- Now, choose the emails that you want to delete. You can choose all the emails to free up space.
- Tap on the email option and then choose the “Delete” button from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to the “More” section from the Gmail tab and click on the “Bin” option.
- Next, tap on the “Empty Bin Now” option to remove the emails from there.
By just implementing the above steps, you will be able to free up a lot of space. Now, after clearing the space, reload the Gmail page and check if you are getting new mails. If not, then simply proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Delete Email Filters
If your email filters are enabled in the Gmail account, then you won’t be able to receive any new emails. In that case, you need to delete the email filters. Thus, to clear out the email filters, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Gmail account by searching for it in a web browser. From there, go to the “Settings” section.
- Tap on the Settings option and from there, go to the “Filters and blocked addresses” section.
- Choose the listed filters from this section. You will see a list of filters that are enabled to all incoming emails.
- Tap on the “Delete” button to remove all filters.
After clearing all the filters that were restricting to receive any new mail, check if you can fix the error or not. If not, then it is suggested you to go to the next section.
Method 3: Turn Off Email Forwarding
If the Email Forwarding option is enabled in Gmail, then you will get the “Gmail can’t receive email” error message. As a result, you won’t be able to receive any emails. In that case, you need to disable this option. To do that, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Gmail Account. From there, go into the “Settings” section.
- From there, tap on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Now, tap on the “ Disable Forwarding” option.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button to save the current changes.
After disabling the Email Forwarding option, now check if you are receiving any new mails. If not then reload the page and check again. If this doesn’t work, then go to the next section.
Method 4: Turn Off or Configure Firewalls
If any antivirus applications or Firewall is enabled, you won’t be able to receive any new mail. In that case, you need to turn off the firewall and the antivirus software to block the Gmail emails. To turn off or configure the antivirus, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Taskbar. From there, go to the “Task Manager” tab.
- From there, go to the “Startup” tab and choose the antivirus software.
- Tap on the “Disable“ option from the drop-down menu.
After disabling the antivirus software, reload the Gmail page and check if you are getting any new mails. After probably implementing the above methods, you will be able to fix the “not receiving Gmail” error.
If you are still unable to fix the error, then we would suggest you create another Gmail account and then check if you are facing the same error in that too.