There are multiple reasons to want to change the login password of your Yahoo mail account. However, the most common reason is if you suspect that the password of Yahoo mail has been compromised and anyone else has access to it, without your permission. Another common reason to change yahoo password is if it’s not secure enough and over the year it has become prone to hacks and data leaks. Regardless of the reason for wanting to change the password of your Yahoo mail, the best time to do it is right now. If you want to know how to change password on Yahoo mail then follow this article. Now without wasting any time, let’s get onto it.
How to Change Yahoo Password
To change the password of your Yahoo mail account, follow the given instructions.
- Open your Yahoo Mail and log-in to your account
- Now, if you are using the latest version of Yahoo Mail then click on your name. A pop-up menu will appear on your screen. On that menu, you need to click on the Account Info option. But if you are one of those users who is working on the Yahoo Mail Basic, then you need to open the menu next to your name. Then select the Account Info option and hit the GO button.
- Now the Personal info page will get loaded on your web browser. On that page, click on the Account security tab. You will find it on the left side of the page.
- Inside the Account Security tab, click on the Change password option.
- There you need to type your new password and in order to confirm that, retype it. While you do that, make sure to double-check your password properly. To do that, click on the Show password option.
- After doing that, click the Continue button.
- If your Yahoo account asks for a recovery email and phone number, then you can fill it out for security purposes or skip it. In order to skip these security requirements, click on the I’ll secure my account later option.
- Once you do that, the password of your Yahoo account will get changed and you will be sent back to the Account Security page.
Now, for surety purposes, check your Yahoo mail for Password Changed confirmation message. However, if you didn’t get that confirmation mail then you need to perform this process once more.
We hope our suggestions and solutions are able to resolve your queries regarding “how to change password on Yahoo mail”. For more tech-related content and information, keep following our upcoming articles.