As one of the leading email service provider, Gmail is a trustworthy name nowadays. It is a very popular and free email service. So, it’s safe to assume that you have more than one Gmail account. One excellent feature that most Gmail users are unaware of is that they can link multiple gmail accounts so that they can send and receive emails from one master Gmail account. This can be extremely helpful if you do not want to remember multiple usernames and passwords. If you want to knowhow to link gmail accounts, then read on. Here, in this article, you will get to know the easy procedure for linking two or more gmail accounts.
Learn How to Link Gmail Accounts with Ease
Linking more than one Gmail accounts in one interface is to simplify your work life. Here, in this section, we have mentioned some effective steps regarding how to link Gmail accounts in one interface. You need to perform the methods mentioned underneath.
Method 1: Add a Second Gmail Address
In recent days, you might have one email account which you use more frequently than the others. Hence, you can use this as a primary account. You will receive all the emails into this account from the secondary ones. The primary Gmail account will let you perform different tasks in it. It includes receiving, sends and searches emails from the secondary account. Hence, move to the primary Gmail account and consolidate another one to it.
- Open your Gmail account and sign in to your primary account. After that, go to the gear icon to open the Settings option.
- After that, press the Accounts and Import option. Then, in the Send mail as:, click the option ‘Add another email address you own’.
- Next, a new window page will open on your system’s screen. In the name box, put your full name. In the email address box, enter your secondary mail address which you want to link.
- After that, if you want to respond to any email sent to any of your linked email accounts, check the Treat as an alias box.
- In addition, you will get a verification code from the Gmail to your email account to confirm that you are the owner of the account. To verify your account, enter the verification code and click the Verify option.
- After verifying your gmail account, you will find that your secondary gmail account is added with your primary account. You will find this in the Send mail section.
- Then, whenever you want to send an email, you will find an extra option will be available in the Form field. You need to select the email address from which you want to send the mail, and you can send email from that account.
- Do not close the windows. In the next step, you will need this.
Method 2: Forward Incoming Mail
To forward the incoming email from the second account, you need to first open the Settings option. After that, click the Forward and POP/IMAP option. Next, put your primary email address in the ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to box’.
Next, you need to pick an option from the drop-down menu list which will appear on your screen. The options are:
1st option: Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox.
2nd option: Archive Gmail’s copy.
3rd option: Delete Gmail’s copy
Now, select one option and press the Save changes option.
Further, to check your emails, you do not need to open the secondary Gmail account every time. Just log in to your primary gmail account and you will be able to view all the emails from your secondary account as well.
Method 3: Organise Email Sent to Different Addresses
Gmail filters and labels help you save messages by email addresses directly to your inbox. You can add filters that help to sort messages sent to different addresses. Follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
At first, click the gear icon which is placed to the top right corner of your Gmail and choose the Settings option. After that, select the Filters and Blocked Addresses option and click on Create a New Filter option.
You will find multiple options available for the filter. For your convenience, you need to complete one field and put the secondary email address which is being delivered to the primary account. Then, press the Create Filter with this search option.
There are loads of things that Gmail can do with the filtered messages that you receive. But it is better to allow Gmail to manage the delivered emails as usual. For this, you need to add a label so that you know from which account the message was delivered. After that, click the Apply the Label checkbox and then scroll down to the Choose label option.
If you did not create a label which handles the delivered messages from the account that you add, select the New Label option. A box will pop up with the name of New Label.
To review the various accounts that are still in use, you need to deactivate the old email account or schedule time. With a little effort, you can link all your emails to one Gmail inbox.
Nevertheless, if you face any trouble while combing the two Gmail accounts, make sure that you leave a comment in the section below.