AOL is one of the most advanced email service providers in the market. This helps to recover the emails from a mail server. If you are holding an AOL email account then, you will be able to send and receive messages through the Windows Mail server. To use an AOL account, at first, you have to set up the software properly. But, if you want to set up your AOL account then, you just need to follow proper guidelines. If you need to know the procedure for the set up AOL account, then this guide is for you. Here, we are going to give you a brief discussion on it. Go through the entire article to know the details.
Here, we are going to discuss “how to set up an AOL account?” Go through the steps which are mentioned in the below part of the article to know the details on it.
Set up AOL account as an IMAP account
You can get rid of the issue by using the IMAP account. Here, are the steps that can help you to set up Aol account:
- At first, you need to open the Applications tray from your system. Then, click on the My Accounts option
- After that, click on the Add Account option
- Then, there will appear the Set Up Accounts menu on your computer screen. This will appear with some different kinds of social network icons.
- At the next step, you need to click on the Email Accounts option
- Then, click on the AOL option
- After that, enter the full AOL or AIM email address. You also need to enter the “@aol.com” or “@aim.com” domain name in all lower case
- After, completing all the steps which are mentioned before now, enter your AOL or AIM password.
- Then, click on the Next option. This will help you to connect your phone with your email server. After that, the “Success!” notification will appear on your screen. But, this will appear only at the time when you have set-up your account correctly.
Try the Manual Set-up procedure
If you have failed to do that then, here are the steps which will help you to set up your AOL account manually:
At first, touch or you can click on the Other option. Which is located on the Email accounts screen. After that, you have to Uncheck Automatically configure the account. Then, you need to enter your user name and password in the appearing dialog box. Then, touch or click on the Next option
At the next step, touch or click on the General Settings option from your device. And now, confirm information in all General Settings fields which are correct. After that, you have to select some necessary changes in your device
After that, click on the OK option this will help you to exit this menu. Then, touch or click on the Incoming Server option from your device and click on the IMAP mail server option. Then, enter the IMAP server such as map.aol.com or imap.aim.com
After, completing all the steps which are mentioned above in this article you have to click or touch on the Advanced settings option. Then, check if you have activated the Secure connection option or not. And then, enter the Port number which might be 993 or 143. And select the OK button.
At the next step, you have to confirm your username by re-entering it. And you also need to confirm your AOL or AIM password which you are obtaining. And click on the OK option.
After that, go to the Outgoing Server. Then, you need to enter the outgoing IMAP server such as smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com. After that, click or touch on the Advanced settings option and then, you need to verify if the connection which you are using is secure or not. Then, enter the Port which might be 465 or 587
Once you have done with all the steps which are mentioned before now, you have to touch or click on the OK button to confirm it. After that, again you have to enter your Username to confirm it. This will help you to complete the email address and also include the @aol.com or aim.com is already displayed. Enter or just confirm your AOL/AIM Password if already displayed. After that, click on the OK button to finish the step.
How to Setup AOL as a POP3 account?
- At first, click or touch the General Settings option and confirm all the information from the field. Then, do the necessary changes in your device. After that, click on the OK button. This will help you to exit from the menu.
- After, finishing the step which is mentioned in the above now, click or touch Incoming Server.
- Then, click on the POP Mail Server option
- At the next step, you need to enter the POP3 server – pop.aol.com
- After that, use the Secure connection and then, Verify the Certificate
- Once you have done with all the steps which are described in this part of the article then, enter the Port number which might be 995
Steps to set up Windows Mail to work with an AOL account
Here, is the procedure of setting up AOL account with the Windows mail server. If you want to do it then, follow the steps which are mentioned in the upcoming part of the article:
At first, you need to set up your Internet account and then, launch the Windows Mail server. Then, type your name in from a box of your email and then, click on the Next option. After that, you need to type your e-mail address then, again click on the Next option.
Now, enter your e-mail address or you can use your username. You also need to use the @ sign and your ISP. All information that your ISP must provide with you. After that, you need to select IMAP for your providing e-mail type. Then, type imap.aol.com for the incoming mail server and smtp.aol.com for the outgoing mail servers.
At the next step, click on the box marked on the Outgoing Server Requires Authentication on the page which is appeared in your screen. Then, click on the Next option
After that, type the provided account name and password and then, select on the Next option. Now, click on the Finish option to complete the task
If you want your own account then, you need to enter the part of your e-mail address before the @ symbol. After that, enter your providing password.
At the next step, verify your password at the Remember Password box. Then, go to the AOL account which you have created. After that, right click on your computer screen and click on the Properties option. Then, click on the Advanced tab.
Now, select your Accounts from the Windows Mail’s Tools menu and find out your e-mail account. After that, change the number to 587 on the Outgoing Mail or the SMTP box and click to Apply.
Once, you have done with all the steps mentioned before then, click on the IMAP tab and then, go to the remove option that, will help you to verify the Store Special Folders on IMAP Server box.
After that, click on the Apply option and then, select OK and click the Close option from your device. If there is a message that, asks you to download folders from the mail server. After, completing all the previously discussed task click on the Yes option to confirm it.
Hope, this article has helped you toset up AOL account.If you need more information about the AOL account then, you can visit our official website. Here, you will get more information related to this topic.