In recent years, Yahoo Mail is not as popular as its rivals, but its latest version is a strong, professional and polished one. Like the other email service providers, this is also prone to errors. Many users report that they encounter error messages and sudden crashes without any prior warnings. The errors and issues are different in nature but the causes of the nuisance are almost the same, which is that your Yahoo mail won’t be working. If Yahoo mails suddenly stop working, your important emails can be lost. All the devices are susceptible to Yahoo mail issues. Occasionally, people report that they face Yahoo mail not working on Android issue, Yahoo Email not working on Mac issue etc. No matter what device you are using, you will find the most appropriate solution to fix the Yahoo mail problems from this article.
Problems you may face for the Yahoo mail not working Issue
If you encounter this issue with your Yahoo mail, then you may face these problems below, which are very annoying and doesn’t allow to send, receive emails further:
- Missing of emails or contacts.
- You may receive too many spam emails in the inbox.
- Yahoo buttons, website and menu are not working properly.
- Unable to sign in in your Yahoo account and can’t have security concerns.
- Loading of Yahoo mail is slow and sluggish
- You will not be allowed to send and receive your emails.
Apparent Reasons for the Yahoo mail not working Issue
It is very important that you should understand the reasons behind the occurrence of this Yahoo mail not working issue so that you can take precautions from the next time. So, before fixing this issue, just look at the possible causes of this problem:
- Outdated and incompatible browser.
- Caches of the browser can stop the Yahoo mail.
- Incorrect computer settings might be one of the reasons for this issue.
- If you forget your Yahoo mail password, then you can’t access your Yahoo account.
- If you try to sign-in your Yahoo account from an unrecognized device, then you can face this issue.
- Your Yahoo mail account may be blocked.
- Overprotective antivirus, antimalware and Window firewall.
- Add-ons and third-party extensions can cause issues of Yahoo mail.
Try out the Effective Hacks to Resolve if your Yahoo Mail is not working
So, coming on the solutions, do follow the methods which we are going to provide in this section. Moreover, the solutions are appropriate enough to fix this troublesome issue. Hence, let’s jump into it:
Method 1: Preliminary troubleshooting steps
Sometimes, a simple troubleshooting process can solve this error easily. So, before performing any methods, just perform these steps instructed below:
- First, restart your device, and then try to open the Yahoo mail to check if it helps you to fix or not.
- If the browser is incompatible with Yahoo mail, then you can try to use a different browser to open Yahoo mail.
- Next, you have to remove the caches from the browser and the system and turn off all the extensions.
- After that, reboot your browser and check if the issue still persists or not.
- Be sure that you use the new version of the browser. If you use an outdated browser, then you should update the browser. To do that, tap the gear icon and select the browser which you use to open a window. When you see the list of the version, check if an update is needed or not. If an update is available, then simply update it without thinking so much.
Method 2: Disable the Antivirus Temporarily
Installed third-party security programs can also create this issue if it is overprotective and doesn’t allow to access the Yahoo mail. So, disable the antivirus software temporarily and then try to open the Yahoo mail from the browser. If Yahoo mail is working after disabling this antivirus, then you can come to know that the Antivirus is the main reason for this issue. If the problem still strikes, then you should perform the other methods provided in this article.
Method 3: Check out the Browser Extensions or Applications
In some cases, add-ons or extensions can get your Yahoo mail disrupted. The best thing is to disable them one by one. After disabling, check if the problem arises till now or not. Keep in mind that you have to disable these extensions or applications temporarily. If you are not able to fix this problem still, then go to the next methods.
Method 4: Clear the Cache and Cookies
Sometimes, cleaning the caches and cookies from your device might help you to fix this problem. You can clear all caches by performing this guideline.
- First of all, switch on your device and tap on the Menu folder.
- Then, scroll down the list of Menu and click on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘More tools’ option and choose ‘Clear browsing data’.
- After that, select the time range in the popup box. Then, tap on the ‘All time’ option to remove everything.
- Next, check if the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option are marked.
- Lastly, press ‘Select data’ and check if the issue still strikes or not.
Method 5: Reset the Browser
By resetting the browser, many users get rid of this Yahoo mail not working issue. So, it’s a worth try. So, to reset the browser follow these easy steps one by one:
- At first, open the browser which you use to open Yahoo mail and tap on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, select ‘Settings’ and tap on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Last, tap on Reset option to complete the process.
This procedure helps to reset the default search engine back to the new tab page, the homepage, and tabs, content settings, Google, extensions, cookies, site data, and themes. These new changes on Settings can be applied to all devices.
Easy Ways to Fix if your Yahoo mail is not working on Android
Android users also report that they face this Yahoo mail not working issue on their Android device on several occasions. If you also face this problem on your Android smart device, then you can perform this easy fix’s method to get rid of this problem:
- At first, you can open Yahoo mail on your Android device with the Yahoo Mail app instead of using a mobile browser.
- Check if you have proper internet connectivity in your Android device or not. Try to use Wi-Fi or ethernet as internet connection if possible.
- If the Yahoo mail app is not updated, then update the app from the Play store.
- Clear all the data of the Yahoo mail app and restart the Yahoo Mail app again.
The methods provided in this article must be sufficient to help you mitigate this troublesome Yahoo mail not working issue. If you still face this problem, then you can take technical guidance from an expert.