Most of the users have encountered “Something went wrong. Please try again later” error message while trying to log in their Gmail account using a browser from the system. Thus, it restricts you from opening your Gmail account.
Gmail something went wrong error message can be caused by various reasons including a corrupted web browser, poor internet connection, an outdated version of the browser, cache data, cookies, etc.
Reliable Methods to Resolve Gmail Something Went Wrong Error Message
Here, we are going to provide most of the useful methods that can help you to solve the “Something went wrong” error message on the device. So, read the information first and then implement them one by one.
Method 1 – Check the Internet Connection
If there is a problem with the internet connection, then you may come across this error message on the system. Therefore, before using your Gmail account, you need to check if the internet connection is working correctly or not.
If the system is connected to the Wireless network and face this error code, then you need to restart the router. After restarting the router, if the error still persists, then you can try to use the Ethernet cable and check whether the glitch is resolved or not.
Method 2 – Update the Google Chrome Application
Updating Google Chrome is an easy task to solve the “oops something went wrong Gmail” error message on the system. So, it is necessary to keep the web browser up to date. To update Chrome on your computer, follow the steps hereunder:
- At first, open the Google Chrome application. For it, double-click on the Chrome icon.
- Now, navigate the pointer to the menu (top right-hand corner) icon and click on it.
- Next, select the “Help” option.
- After that, choose “About Google Chrome”.
- Once the next window gets open, Chrome will check if any update is available or not.
- If yes, then it will automatically update the web browser.
- Once the update process is done, restart your computer and then try to open your Gmail account. See if the error message still shows up or not.
Method 3 – Clear the Cache Data, Cookies, and Browsing Data
If the browser is fully infected due to the cached data, cookies, and browsing data, then you may come across this error message. So, you need to remove them as soon as possible. The following steps will help you:
- Double-click on the Google Chrome icon to open the application.
- After that, navigate to the Menu section and choose “Settings” from the list.
- When the Settings window opens, scroll down the page and locate the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option, that you will get under the Privacy section.
- On the pop-up window, set the time range to “All time” and then tick on the boxes beside to Cache, Cookies, and Browsing data.
- Now, click on the “Clear Data” button to remove them.
Method 4 – Uninstall Google Chrome and Install It Again
The corrupted Google Chrome application can cause the “Gmail something went wrong” error. Therefore, you should remove this application and install it again. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows Home key and select the Control Panel option.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Programs & Features section.
- Now, scroll down the page and locate the Google Chrome application, select it.
- Afterward, click on the “Uninstall” option to start the removing process.
- Once the process is done, restart your computer and then reinstall it again.
- To install it, go to the official website of Google Chrome and download the latest version of the Google Chrome application.
- After completing the download file, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is completed, reboot the Windows PC and then check if the problem is gone or not.
Method 5 – Update the Gmail
If the previous methods did not help you out, then you can use this method to get rid of the “Gmail something went wrong” error. Follow the undermentioned steps to do the changes:
- Open your Gmail account on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon to open the menu list and then select “Settings”.
- Under the Settings window, select a page as labels, general, or inbox.
- On that page, make the necessary changes and then click on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all to solve the Gmail something went wrong error.